Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Faces of Success: Mary Paul

This is the second in a series of profiles from students currently enrolled at Hope & Resurrection Secondary School. In May 2009, Form One and Form Two students wrote short autobiographies, sharing information about their families, livlihood and desire for education. We hope these glimpses of life in Southern Sudan will inspire you.

I am Mary Paul, and I am 20 years old and I live in Akot. I started my studies in 1999 in Makuragar Primary School and I finished Grade 8 in that school in 2004.

I got married in 2005 and now I have a child called Joseph. He is two years old. I also have my brothers and sisters – we are seven in number – four girls and three boys.

I am a student of Hope & Resurrection. In morning hours I wake up early, then study my notes, take water for bathing, and come to school at 8:35.

On Sunday, I go to the church, then I spend the afternoon with my family. I like education very much, because education is a key of life. Even though I am married, I want to achieve an education.

 I thank those people who brought this school to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment