Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Faces of Success: Michael Marial Mangar

This is the first in a series of profiles from students currently enrolled at Hope & Resurrection Secondary School. In May 2009, Form One and Form Two students wrote short autobiographies, sharing information about their families, livlihood and desire for education. We hope these glimpses of life in Southern Sudan will inspire you.

I am Michael Marial Mangar. I am 21 years old. I live in Rumbek East County. I am short and have black skin. I am Southern Sudanese, from the Dinka tribe. I have five brothers and four sisters. I am in Form Two at Hope & Resurrection Secondary School.

I am living in Atiaba Village. We like keeping of livestock; like goats, cows, chickens and we even have three dogs. At home, we have four houses and one sitting room. I live at the farm, and it is full of beautiful trees with beautiful flowers.

After school hours, I read in the evening, and I also like to play volleyball. On Saturday I like to work on the farm. On Sunday I go to church and then I spend the afternoon with my best friends.

When I finish my senior year I would like to attend university and study finance and management to become a Minister of Finance. If I could be in that post, I could help my community in social stability, like hospitals, schools, and communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment