Friday, October 9, 2009

Faces of Success: Deborah Awut Mayom

This is the fourth in a series of profiles from students currently enrolled at Hope & Resurrection Secondary School. In May 2009, Form One and Form Two students wrote short autobiographies, sharing information about their families, livelihood and desire for education. We hope these glimpses of life in Southern Sudan will inspire you.

I am Deborah Awut Mayom, and am 16 years old. I live in Adol with my family – I have four brothers and three sisters. Some of them are married and some are students. Me and my elder brother Nelson are students of Hope & Resurrection Secondary School.

My home is so far from where we are in school, so I spend much time coming to school. I used to come very late, and even missed some lessons in the morning.

My favorite subjects in school are English, biology and geography. Actually, I want to be a doctor after completing my studies. Life is so good when you are an educated person, since education is the key to life.

1 comment:

  1. Iam very proud of what this organization is doing for my people.It is true that education is the key to life,eventhough there is hope but the corupted world leaders and their political games,will never alowed this futuer genration to lived their dream.So my advice to you all(keep on fighting for your own futuer),it will gets better,because God only is the greatest,through him all and everything can be done.My name is Chol Mamour iam from Rumbek born in Rumbek i love my people so much,hopefully i will provide you with some other services as well thruogh my orgnization,so i encurage you to stay faithfull to the most high Allmighty.Give thanks peace and love to all of you Chol Mamour.

    ReplyDelete