Monday, October 12, 2009

Faces of Success: Joseph Makuei Kuarang

This is the fifth in a series of profiles from students currently enrolled at Hope & Resurrection Secondary School. In May 2009, Form One and Form Two students wrote short autobiographies, sharing information about their families, livelihood and desire for education. We hope these glimpses of life in Southern Sudan will inspire you.

I am 19 years old. As I am still young, I haven’t married.

My father has four wives: the first has three sons, the second has seven sons, the third has six sons, and the last wife has five sons. At the cattle camp we have a lot of cows, and at home we have goats sheep and hens.

Early in the morning, I wake up and take the oxen to the field for grazing, and then I get my schoolbag and head to school.

On Sunday, I go to church, and after the prayers I come back home to read and calculate mathematics.

When I complete school, I would like to attend university and study to be an engineer. I would like to help improve my community, and I think God will be with me in my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment